Status control of each cutting edge in order to ensure toolpiece quality and optimise tool live time
measure cutting force directly on the tool -
find your individual intelligent solution
in serial production
- machine integrated solution
- 100% Inline-Quality Control
- wear detection per cutting edge during the milling process
- wear based automatic tool change
- chatter mark detection
- drill run detection
- enables adaptive feed control
for the process expert
- plug- & play solution
- optimising process parameters
- increase of productivity & tool life
- tool comparison/ optimisation
- enables comparison of cooling lubricant / coating
for small batch sizes
- vibration detection
- wear detection of each cutting edge during the milling process
- used for small and medium batch sizes
- plug- & play solution
- support of the machine operator
- visualisation of the relative workload of the tool in %
DiMaP Trail: spike® at EMO 2021
the smart tool control system spike® has already established itself in these processes
sensory tool holder spike® - from a 100% monitoring system to a machine operator-assistant solution
No matter whether you have small or large batch sizes, spike® is the smart tool holder for all user groups in the machinig industry - for monitoring, optimising and assisting the machine operator. spike® offers the ideal solution as a complete integration with a complex machine connection, but also as an assistance system via plug&play. The advantage of the spike® sensor system is that even most sensitive processes can be controlled and analysed in realtime. Additionally it shows the machine operator what the tool does at the moment. Since the end of 2018 spike® can even communicate directly with the machine.
The sensor system spike® is a measuring system which detects the cutting forces and moments directly on the tool. With the bending moment in X- and Y-direction, spike® can detect each cutting edge during the milling process. spike® is often used in machining procedures like milling, drilling, turning, grinding, grating, reaming, threading and FSW.
What is spike®_polar?
The patented spike®_polar provides the opportunity to compare the current state with the target state, which enables to diagnose a worn tool or an unbalance. spike®_polar can even detect chatter marks and also show process fluctuations. Additionaly it doesn´t miss out on dirt stacking on a blade or vibrations, because of the sensitive resolution of the bending moment.
Thereby deviation of dimension- and surface tolerance due to tool wear or fluctuating tool performance can be identified - And that enables to initiate an automatic tool change before a quality problem emerges.
Example 1: wear detection for each cutting edge
Example 2: mistake during drilling
specific solutions for your metal-cutting manufacturing
measurement of cutting force in production
Used as a monitoring tool - spike®_easyinline
in the automated serial production
Benefit: "Monitoring system with machine connection"
- 100% in-process quality control
- monitoring of form- and position tolerance
- reduction of tool costs (via force-controlled tool change)
- prevent machine downtime
- adaptive feed control
- manless production
Used as a diagnostic tool- spike®_expertline
for optimising processes and tools
Benefit: "diagnostic system for the flexible use from the case"
- solve process problems faster
- optimise productivity and tool lifetime
- product development and optimisation (tool, coating, cooling lubricant, process, machine, …)
- R & D (Universities)
Used for visualisation -
for small and medium batch sizes
Benefit: "assistance system for machine operators"
- visual process support "state of process at one glance"
- Conlusion as to capacity utilisation of the tool holder (%)*
- indirect wear (%)*
- Manual protection of machine- / process-overload (%)*
* % of the holder strength
discover the advantages of the smart tool holder spike® for your needs
100% Quality Control
to set the standard in digital machining together with our partners along the value chain
... These customers also use the smart cutting force measurement system spike®,
in order to remain competitive in the age of industry 4.0